2. I have every original Star Trek episode on tape--which I taped from the television myself.
3. I stopped drinking soda in June of 2004. No real reason-- I guess I just thought it was a good thing to do. Before that, I drank a ton of diet Pepsi every day. Sometimes I really miss it, but not much.
5. I love fried spam.
6. I have been an on and off member of Weight Watchers since 1986.
7. I am now off.
8. I have won two teaching awards-- Colorado Award for Excellence in Teaching (1990) and Colorado Reading Teacher of the Year (1993).
11. I retired from teaching after the 2007-2008 school year. I think thirty-two years of teaching is probably enough.
12. In high school I played the clarinet in marching and concert band, and the piano in jazz band.
13. I sang alto in concert choir.
14. One of my pet peeves is when people don’t use their turn signals.
15. I was in the room when my niece Amanda was born. She came out so fast the doctors almost weren’t ready for her--I said “Umm... I think the baby’s coming now”.
16. I have had surgeries to relieve carpal tunnel in my wrist and a bone spur in my foot. The first day I changed the bandaging, I almost fainted. I also had my gall bladder removed. Not all on the same day, though.
17. I have a hard time making it through the day without my planner.
18. When I was in third grade, I wanted to wear glasses so bad I stole a pair from someone named ZoeAnne in my class. I later gave them back and apologized.
19. I started wearing reading glasses at age 40.
20. I really miss my grandparents.
21. I have each ear pierced three times--and I have 5 tattoos.
22. I used to have an obsession with frozen Reese's Miniatures-- but in the interest of better health, I've pretty much given them up.
23. Same goes for Thin Mints Girl Scout cookies.
24. I’ve seen the stage version of Jekyll and Hyde: The Musical 18 times. Fourteen of those times were in Chicago, Raleigh and Houston.
25. I don’t like being held down by my feet. It makes me feel claustrophobic.
26. My favorite colors to wear are black and pink, and black and turquoise.
27. I’ve never been married. I don’t know if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Most of the time it feels like a bad thing.
28. I don’t really drink alcohol much-- it makes me sleepy.
29. I love black and white movies--especially “B” science fiction ones.
30. I collect carved Zuni fetishes.
31. I have over 200 beanie babies.
32. I think that’s ridiculous.
33. I really don’t like walking past parked cars on residential streets at night.
34. I had three friends that died of AIDS.
35. I'm pretty good at trivia games.
36. My sister and I make a killer Pictionary team.
37. I’ve never been to Hawaii.
38. I really want to go to Hawaii.
39. When I was an elementary school librarian, I didn't like to read very much, probably because I had to as part of the job. Now that I'm retired, I'm liking it much more.
40. I love to eat at Qdoba--naked grilled veggie burritos.
41. I don’t really like to clean house.
42. The worst job I ever had was working in a meat-packing plant. I lasted one week.
43. The same person has cut my hair since 1980.
44. I like Disney World better than Disneyland.
45. I was born in North Carolina.
46. My middle name is Carole. This was one of my mom’s friends when she was a teenager.
47. I’ve lived in Colorado ever since I was four years old.
48. I currently live about a mile from where I grew up.
49. My parents have been divorced over half my life. I’m still disappointed they got divorced.
50. I cry pretty easily--but not nearly as much as my oldest niece.
51. Any movies or books where animals get hurt make me cry. If people get hurt, no problem.
52. I have a Master’s degree plus over 120 hours of graduate work.
53. I don’t know how to braid hair. I don't care if I ever learn.
54. I don’t really like eating in public. I think that comes from being overweight my whole life and feeling like people are judging me by what I’m eating.
55. I took seven years of French, and was a French major in college for one semester. “Mon Oncle, ou est la bibliotheque?”
56. I am a big believer in karma and what goes around, comes around.
57. The only candle scents I really like are anything cinnamon, vanilla or black cherry.
58. Anything else gives me a headache.
59. I love to give and get massages.
60. My favorite cologne to wear is Lime Basil Mandarin by Jo Malone. It's $80/bottle and I can't believe I spend that much to smell good.
61. I have never and will never eat any type of seafood.
62. I was in National Honor Society my senior year in high school.
63. I graduated from college with a 2.8 GPA. Party on, Garth.
64. I love vegetables, but not enough to become a vegetarian. Chizbuguh, chizbuguh.
65. My favorite piece of furniture is my bed.
66. I love the first night of clean sheets.
67. I love laying in bed listening to the rain.
68. I’ve been to a psychic twice---and it felt silly both times.
69. I’ve never wanted to be anything but a teacher.
70. When I turned 26, I had a birthday party at a roller skating rink.
71. When I turned 30, I went to a therapist for a year. I'm well over 50 now and I think I need to go back.
72. I’m afraid to ride roller coasters, but I’ll do it if someone really wants me too.
73. I’m a people-pleaser (see above).
74. I don’t like to watch scary movies or read scary books. Once I read “Pet Semetary” and slept with the light on for a week.
75. When I was in 6th & 7th grade, I was obsessed with the Monkees. My bedroom walls were totally wallpapered with pages of photos from Tiger Beat and 16 Magazine.
76. I used to record the Monkees episodes on a small reel to reel tape recorder every Monday night.
77. I taught for 32 years, and at only two schools. I had nine principals and almost as many student teachers.
78. I’ve taught grades 1, 2, 4, 5 and 6. The last nine years of my career I was an elementary school librarian. That was absolutely the best job in the school.
79. I’m not afraid of public speaking.
80. I really love kissing.
81. I love to slow dance.
82. When I turned 21, I had to go to three different liquor stores before I got carded.
83. I’m a Pisces but I don't think I really fit the Pisces profile.
84. I care way too much about what people think about me.
85. I’ve had my own library card since I was 10.
86. I love hot tubs.
87. I really don’t think I could survive without post-it notes.
88. I wish I was in better physical shape.
89. Someday I will be in better physical shape.
90. Before trying anything new, I like to watch, observe, check it out.
91. I look terrible in yellow or orange.
92. I think I’m more of a follower than a leader.
93. I usually wear socks to bed if it's cold, but almost always kick them off by morning.
94. I’m 8 years older than my sister.
95. When I was growing up I didn’t like having her around. Now I kind of like it.
96. I’ve always been a good speller. I didn’t go to Catholic school. Go figure.
97. I pick up stray dogs and help them find their way home.
98. I think I have nice eyes.
99. I don’t really like dressing up. I’d much rather wear jeans and sweatshirts everywhere.
100. One of the best friends I’ve ever had I met through an Internet message board.
101. This was easier than I thought it would be.